Mineral Exploration Data Services
Terra Search can provide all your data service needs. We have a team of people with experience in everything from exploration data management, GIS and geophysical interpretation as well as any of your geological reporting requirements. Terra Search can provide you with :
- Nationally recognised data compilation expertise
- Open File data in MS Access, MS Excel, Mapinfo, ASCII formats
- Data Management
- Geological Evaluation
- Geophysical Interpretation
- Geological Modeling (2D or 3D)
- Geochemical Interpretation
- JORC compliant Resource Estimation
- Competent Persons Reports
Our mineral exploration data compilation experience includes:
- 2013 - 2014
World Bank project to compile further mineral exploration data across Papua New Guinea for the PNG Mineral resources Authority. Continuation of the compilation of fully attributed digital exploration data set.
- 2006 - 2013
For the Queensland Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy (QDNRM)
Compilation of open file exploration data within the Queensland mineral provinces
- 2002 - 2006
World Bank project to compile mineral exploration data across Papua New Guinea for the PNG Department of Mining. Compilation of fully attributed digital exploration data set which has led to significant increase in exploration across the country.
- The completion of AMIRA projects (Australian Mineral Industries Research Association) "The Optimisation of the Open File Resource - Mt Isa Block P413 and Eastern Queensland P413A" and major updates. Sponsored by 15 major mining and exploration companies and the Queensland Dept of Natural Resources and Mines.
- Release of the Explorer 3 mineral exploration data management system after extensive research and development. Explorer 3 is acknowledged by major mining houses and the Queensland , NSW, Northern Territory and Victorian Geological Surveys, AGSO and Geological Survey of PNG as at the forefront of capture, storage and manipulation of exploration data.
Open file data set compilations recorded and available in Explorer 3
Much of the open file data sets are now released to the general exploration community through the NSW, Victorian, Queensland , South Australian, NT State governments and the PNG government, and are recorded within the Explorer 3 database management system (over 6 million total data records to date).
Streamlining the mineral exploration to data interpretation process
Terra Search has considerable internal resources in the areas of data management, drafting, CAD, report production and image processing.
Terra Search also has access to and capability to manage specialised services not provided in-house, such as drilling, advanced geophysics, petrology, geochemical analysis, remote sensing, and isotopic analysis.